This notice describes how we collect and process users’ data through the www.gelna.lt website. The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Gelna UAB, a legal person registered under the laws of Lithuania.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users. We are not going to misuse your data.
Controller details: GELNA UAB
Registered address: Taikos pr. 52 C., Klaipeda, Lithuania
Contact email address: email@example.com
Please note that this privacy notice covers our processing activities as a data controller, namely those relating to your account, information collected through the website, and our marketing activities.
Whenever you collect and otherwise process information from LinkedIn profiles and messages via the platform, our role is a data processor on your behalf. You, as a data controller, are responsible for processing LinkedIn data under applicable data protection requirements.f
Table of contents:
- Information we collect from you.
- Third-party Access to Information.
- Your rights.
- Security of information.
- Changes to this Notice.
Information we collect from you.
Demo or Newsletter registration
Before registering an account, you can book a free demonstration with us.
To perform registration, we may ask you to provide your first name, last name, LinkedIn profile URL, company name, email address, and type of account desired (single/group).
Additionally, you may access demos/presentations/webinars that were recorded previously by providing your first name, last name, company name, email address, and LinkedIn Profile URL.
We will use this information to choose and provide you with the most appropriate type of demonstration and to follow you up with the subscription plans available The applied legal basis for these activities is our legitimate interest (GDPR Art. 6.1.f).
We use your account information to:
- Create and maintain your user account, including in connection with other data points listed below. The applied legal basis for this is the performance of the contract (Terms and conditions) between you and us (GDPR Art. 6.1.b) or if you connect a LinkedIn account of other people, your legitimate interest (GDPR Art. 6.1.f);
- To send you marketing or promotional materials that can help you in the day-to-day and long-term run of your business (GDPR Art. 6.1.a) with an option to opt out.
Website, sales, and marketing activities
The following data collection activities are present on our website:
- Collection of visitor logs (device, browser information, IP address) to ensure fraud prevention and manage user sessions, stored for 6 months of your last visit. The applied legal basis is our legitimate interests (GDPR Art. 6.1.f);
- Cookies – for more information, please visit https://gelna.lt/privacy-policy/
- Visitor traffic analysis is done using third-party analytics providers. This activity, depending on the method used, is performed based either on your consent (cookie tracking) or our legitimate interests (GDPR Art. 6.1.f);
- Provision of any useful materials which a website visitor may obtain by providing their email address and first and last name. We will also use this information to send you direct marketing messages. The processing is based on your consent (GDPR Art. 6.1.a);
- Organization of our webinars and participation in third-party webinars. We will also use this information to send you direct marketing messages. The processing is based on your consent (GDPR Art. 6.1.a).
We store marketing data for 12 months after the last communication with you. For activities that are based on consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us directly. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before. You can also opt-out of the e-mail subscription by clicking the appropriate button in our emails.
Affiliate partner registration
If you want to partner with us, you may register as an affiliate. During registration, we will collect your company affiliation, name, email address, phone number, marketing tools used, number of accounts managed by the person, and the information on how you plan to distribute subscriptions to our platform.
We will process the collected data to take steps to conclude and perform a partner contract with you. The applied legal basis is the performance of the contract (GDPR Art. 6.1.b). The used storage period is 12 months after your last activity.
Third-party access to information
We use the following third-party software providers:
- Analytics providers to analyze our efficiency and conduct marketing research;
- Client relationship management software to manage and perform our marketing (email) activities;
- Email notification providers;
- Technical support and ticket management software;
- Cloud hosting providers to store and process collected data;
- Third-party advertisement providers;
- Response forms, app-to-app integrations, and webinar platforms;
- Website personalization tools.
The providers listed above personal process data based on our instructions only.
When using the analytics services, we collect details of the use of the platform, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, length of visit, and other communication data.
Non-personally identifiable information is collected and processed, among other services, by Google Analytics in an anonymized and aggregated way to improve our app’s usability and marketing purposes. Google Analytics is a web analytics service that tracks and reports user traffic on apps and websites. Google Analytics uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of the platform. This data may also be shared with other Google services. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, you can check its Policies at www.google.com/analytics/policies/.
We use third-party payment processors to process payments you make via the platform. Please note that we do not receive your payment details from them, only payment confirmations and details of the transactions you perform. Payment processors are independent controllers over your payment information, including your payment card data.
Please visit their websites or contact them directly to learn more about how those third-party payment processors process your payment details.
The platform allows the connection of third-party software providers via an API. Please note that whenever you interact with those third-party providers, you provide your information directly to them.
In addition to the disclosures for the purposes identified before, we may disclose information about you:
- if we are required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; and
- in case we sell, license, or otherwise assign our company, corporate rights, the platform, or its separate parts or features to third parties.
Except for this privacy notice, we will not sell, share or rent your information to third parties.
You may exercise GDPR rights regarding your data. In particular, you have the right to:
- The right to object against the processing of your information.
If we process your information for our legitimate interests (e.g., for direct marketing emails or our marketing research purposes), you can object to it. Let us know what you object against, and we will consider your request. If we do not have compelling interests to refuse to perform your request, we will stop processing for such purposes. If we believe our compelling interests outweigh your right to privacy, we will clarify this to you.
- The right to access your information.
You have the right to know what personal data we process. As such, you can obtain the disclosure of the data involved in the processing, and you can get a copy of the information undergoing processing.
The right to verify your information and seek its rectification.
If you find that we process inaccurate or out-of-date information, you can verify the accuracy of your data and/or ask for it to be updated or corrected;
- Restrict the processing of your information.
When you contest the accuracy of your information, believe we process it unlawfully, or want to object to the processing, you have the right to temporarily stop processing your information to check if it was consistent. In this case, we will stop processing your data (other than storing it) until we can provide you with evidence of its lawful processing;
- The right to have your data deleted.
If we are not under the obligation to keep the data for legal compliance and your data is not needed in the scope of an active contract or claim, we will remove your information upon your request.
- The right to have your data transferred to another organization.
Where we process your personal data on the legal basis of consent you provided us or on the necessity to perform a contract, we can make, at your request, your data available to you or an organization of your choosing.
You can formulate such requests or channel further questions on data protection by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that our use of personal information violates your rights, or if you are dissatisfied with a response you received to a request you formulated to us, you have the right to complain with the competent data protection authority of your choice.
Security of information
We will take all necessary measures to protect your information from unauthorized or accidental access, destruction, modification, blocking, copying, distribution, and other illegal actions of third parties.
As we use the services of third-party software providers across several countries outside the European Union, we may transfer the collected data to those countries for further processing. In such cases, we will ensure that relevant safeguards are in place. More information on taking international securities can be provided upon request.
Immediate access to the data is only allowed to our authorized employees involved in maintaining the application. Such employees keep strict confidentiality and prevent unauthorized third-party access to personal information.
Changes to this notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time by posting a new version on our website. We advise you to check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. However, we will endeavor to provide you with an announcement about any significant changes.